Tuesday, February 9, 2010

We Are a Household Again

Amber and Eric got here late last night after another round of moving and cleaning. It appeared when I was there yesterday that most everything had been packed, and the furniture was gone. We had a warm clean furnished room for them to sleep in last night, and had put most of Amber's stuff away so she didn't have to unpack when she got here. They both were tired, and hit the sack early.

It is chaos with three dogs, we have our own big dog, Chica a Shepherd, Golden Retriever cross and she is fifteen years old. We had taken Murray ambers three-year old rambunctious male Australian Sheherd, Border Collie, and Lab cross several weeks ago and have spent weeks just loving him and getting him to settle down into a routine of walks, playtime and rest time.  He is adapting well and minds me, as well as follows me everywhere.  Wherever I decide to sit, he lays down at my feet, if I move, he moves. Sometimes I move because he has fouled the air with his gas, but he is completely oblivious.

Well last night, Jake a three year old rambunctious male Labrador and Pit Bull cross came with Ercic and Amber.  They have been trying to find a home for him, but have had no luck so far. Three big dogs is three too many, and while Jake is loveable and friendly. (He'll lick you to death.) he being male, wants to run and play with Murray. Add the fact that this is Chica's domain, and she is the alpha female, and we have to make sure we separate them in different rooms so as not to have a clash. This is Chica's house and she is used to being the loving protector and no one, no matter how young and strong, is going to usurp that.

Chica sleeps in our bedroom on her own dog bed, and we put Jake and Murray in the Laundry room for the night. Murray had been sleeping in the laundry room for the past few weeks and is quite happy with that space.  Walking three dogs is more than I can handle, two is a challenge I have mastered and Murray and Chica with no problems. They are both fine on leash. Jake is fine on a leash, he just has not had the discipline so it will take a while to work with him until we can find him a home.  I cannot put up with three dogs in the house, especially when two of them want to run and play from room to room. They both shed white hair wherever they go and that is giving Cindy and the vaacuum fits. It has already plugged up with hair once this week.

Well as we get used to having Eric and Amber in the house it will be a fun change. It is much quieter with just Cindy and I so the disruption will be a good change for awhile.  Eric's stay is actually much shorter because he leaves for his training in lesss than three weeks.  Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. " We had taken Murray ambers three-year old rambunctious male Australian Sheherd, Border Collie, and Lab cross several weeks ago and have spent weeks just loving him and getting him to settle down into a routine of walks, playtime and rest time. He is adapting well and minds me, as well as follows me everywhere. Wherever I decide to sit, he lays down at my feet, if I move, he moves. Sometimes I move because he has fouled the air with his gas, but he is completely oblivious."

    Sounds like you have a "Murray and Me" book in the making hehe :)

    ReplyDelete