Saturday, January 30, 2010

Storm Clouds

Today's clouds were absolutely a ten on a ten scale. They billowed high and lofty thousands of feet into the air pushed by strong wind currents. Some looked like beautiful fluffy white cotton, while others looked dark and menacing.  They were like eye candy for an artist or a cloud watcher, so majestic. I can remember laying on my back in the grass when I was a kid and just watching the clouds go by.  A friend and I would call out what we could see in their contours. It was a fun game, one that tickled the imagination.

I couldn't just walk the dogs and admire these clouds. They were too awe inspiring, because they were the very kinds of clouds one wants to set off a special place, or a panoramic vista.  Where are these clouds when I am out shooting photographs of places like Yosemite?

As soon as I got back home, I unleashed the dogs in their fenced area, and went back into the house and grabbed my camera. I hopped in my truck and was off to find a high point.  A hill is where I could get the best of views without obstructing these beautiful creations.

I believe I succeeded, for I now have a dozen or more different slides that will give me ideas to enhance future paintings. Hope you enjoy the view. Don't forget to pay attention to the clouds out there.  

1 comment:

  1. It isn't cheating, it's artistic license. :-)) I really like the way you used more colors. It's fun to experiment.

    ReplyDelete