Thursday, January 7, 2010

A Foggy Day in Auburn Town


Well with the grace of God and a super hot shower at 2:00 AM, I managed to reduce the throbbing of a horrible migraine that seemed determined to make my head explode. The pain, the pain, yikes, was the worst I have ever experienced. It was a sleep disturbed night of major proportions. I awakened to realize I had survived a second night with this terrible cold. Boy, this one could be a secret weapon to give to the Jihadists, however it might make them crazier than they already are. The runny nose and sneezing fits would distract them and make them good targets with bright red noses.

I believe that I am feeling more human today, although that reflection in the mirror gives me some doubt. My wife didn't scream when she saw me so that is a good thing. She is giving me a wide berth because she doesn't want whatever this is.

Today as you can see by the the photo is overcast and foggy, just like yesterday. One of those cold inhospitable days outside but thankfully warm inside. I may have to assume that hobbit behavior, staying denned up in our warm house, but certainly don't want to make a hobbit of it. Until this stuffy sneezy, drippy condition passes I am not about to spread this germ to others. Had to cancel my pastel class appearance today and that was something I was looking forward to.

I finished the book I started that was written by James Patterson, in partnership with Gabrielle Charbonnet, a children's writer. The book was an easy read and quite unlike anything I have read of his. It was called Sunday at Tiffany's, and instead of a being a heavy murder mystery, was the absolute opposite about an imaginary friend a little girl had to take her away from her empty loveless life with her selfish and obssessed mother. You would have to read the book to understand, but they did weave a pretty interesting story with a happy ending, unlike most of his books.

I haven't decided what I am going to do today, although half the day is gone, and I have still not jump started myself to do something productive. I believe I will tackle lunch and see how it goes from there.

1 comment:

  1. Funny how colds can make it hard to jump start yourself into doing something productive... you would think I was sick a lot. hehe

    Hope you are feeling better tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete